Tuesday, November 24, 2009

And the monkey stares back


The great thing about the monkeys is that most of the time the moment you feel tired and just want to go home and sleep, they do something like this:

This curious infant was just checking me out for a while, and I took the opportunity to casually snap a few photos. The two small infants are the most wary individuals by far, so it was a real treat to have one approach me this closely. The picture shown above is the best one of the series, but I also like this one:


Hopefully during some of my days off I'll still have time to poke around Azrou and/or find something interesting to write about, but unfortunately today have to concentrate on work. I was intending to go to the souk (huge open market -- lonely planet's #1 thing to do in Azrou) but it looks like I'll have to get my residency card squared away instead. Not exactly something to write home about.


I've been planning on posting a 'day in the life of' entry, but it involves me having enough concentration in the mornings to take pictures, which has proven difficult. Sometime soon, though.

I'm going to miss you all like hell on Thursday. I think I'm going to avoid all things turkey-related so as to not remind myself of what I'm missing out on. First big holiday away from home, and I'm expecting a few twangs of homesickness (which have abated in recent weeks). On the subject of holidays, however, it looks like Chris will be here over Christmas, so I won't be as alone as I thought I was going to be. Which is nice.

We keep expecting it to get permanently cold. Last year at this time it was snowing, and didn't stop until late February. It continues to hold, though, and the past couple weeks have been beautiful.

1 comment: