Friday, January 8, 2010

T-talj kayn henna (the snow is here)


Situation I found myself in today which, a year ago, would have seemed unimaginable/ludicrous:
Having a conversation in Arabic with a shopkeeper in Morocco (remember, it's in Africa) about how much it's snowing.


Needless to say, it's snowing! Like mad. Around 10 it had accumulated to about 4 inches, and it's still falling now around 1.30.

I shot these photos on my way to and from the haddaf. I'm still angry at myself for not getting any of the haddaf itself, but I'm still crazy self conscious in that place and I just couldn't bring myself to take out my camera and play the tourist.


Dave and Chris are in the forest today. I have no idea how they got there or how they plan on returning, but they've been gone for most of the day so I'm assuming they made it and are gathering quality data. I'm sure they'll have some good stories to share upon their return.


Roasting a chicken tonight. Yum.

Soundtrack: Richard's Rainy Day Mix (It also works on snowy days!)

2 comments:

  1. GAH! That's amazing! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, right, that situation would not have been in the range of possibilities a year ago. Must be beautiful in the forest.

    I love the way there are no sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete