Monday, December 14, 2009

Pictures, pictures, pictures...

First, some pictures of Azrou:


It was a brutal day in the forest today, around 40 degrees and torrential rain/wind.
Luckily I had the day off. Chris and Dave don't hold any grudges though. They know my time will come.


I snapped these from the roof during a break in the rain.


And now, some more pictures of monkeys.
First, Ben contemplating whatever a monkey contemplates:




Larssen (a young adult male) in splendid repose:


Another round of find the monkey:


Chris and I spent last Wednesday getting acquainted with another forest about 15 kilometers down the road from our field site. It's much more isolated, and is frequented only by Berber shepherds, who have lived in the region since pre-Roman times. Lots of the valleys have small settlements like this one (it's very small and in the center):

I really like it here.

But that doesn't mean I don't miss you all as much as ever.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I use them as desktop backgrounds---which means I'm always reminded of where you are and what you're doing too.
    I love you!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Michael! I chickened out and never said goodbye to you, so now I'm saying hello. Glad to see you're having lots of adventures.

    ReplyDelete