Friday, March 26, 2010

LIFE!

One of the females in the new Scarlet group had a baby. 


It spends the day tenaciously clinging to her stomach.  She's more than a little paranoid now, and she and the rest of the group are extremely protective (I got hassled by them for accidentally walking in her general direction the other day) so getting close for a picture was nigh impossible.  These were taken with my binoculars, so I apologize for the quality.


This development can only mean one thing:  Green group babies on the way!  We're so excited -- I'm half tempted to drive up to the forest today and tomorrow just to check up on them.



Spent the day with the Greens yesterday for the first time in over a week.  It was wonderful to be around monkeys that really don't care that I'm there. 




Other than that, no new developments.  My only plan for today is to make an apple pie.  
Expect a ridiculous number of newborn monkey photos in the coming months (you have been warned).

2 comments: